Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Passing on Memories- Madame Alexander Dolls

My first doll, "Degas", which I received on my 1st birthday!

My mom recently found all my Madame Alexander Dolls that we have been moving around in an old toy box since I was 16 (that is a long time). They have gotten a little flattened and smushed, but they still bring back so many memories. Madame Alexander Dolls have been around for decades (long before American Girl Dolls) and each one has a name and a story. The dolls I collected were the 14 inch dolls and used to line my bedroom on a shelf!



A few of the 19 dolls in my collection

Since I do not have daughters of my own, but have many friends with wonderful girls (who I love like my own) I thought I should share my dolls with them. I planned on saving one or two for future granddaughters, but realized that there was more than 2 I wanted to keep (I kept 5). Also, since they were my very first dolls, they are much older and more worn looking.
Here are 4 of my first dolls Lucinda, Renoir Girl, Degas and Rebecca
Another favorite of mine "Madame Alexander"
she has a hidden pocket in her petty-coat with jewels

I have already given a few away and look forward to delivering the rest to my special little girls in my life. I will try to post some pictures of the girls with their dolls too.

1 comment:

  1. I have a doll that matches the last single picture (Blonde with pink dress). The box that I received has "Madame Doll 3730" Is this correct?

    ReplyDelete