Monday, December 6, 2010

Candy Cane Cookie Balls

At our Thanksgiving feast, I was introduced to a new, delicious cookie- Oreo Cookie Balls. I love Peanut Butter balls and these are a close runner-up. I am going to a Christmas Cookie Exchange tomorrow night and needed something to share. I switched it up and now have these wonderful delights. the original cookie calls for Oreos (really good), but I used one of my favorite cookies instead for a Holiday twist- Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe Joe's. I hope you will make them this season or any time of the year!! ENJOY!!

Candy Cane Cookie Balls (aka: Oreo Balls)
1 package of Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe Joe’s (or regular Oreo cookies)

1 Brick Cream Cheese

1 ½ bags of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (Ghiradelli or another brand)

-Soften cream cheese

-chop cookies in a food processor

-melt choc. chips (in crock-pot or double boiler)

-mix chopped up cookies and cream cheese in a bowl (easiest with clean hands)

-form small balls with hands and put them on a plate or wax paper (should make 50)

-coat balls in melted chocolate

-place coated balls on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper

-place in fridge to chill chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment