Thursday, March 4, 2010

Another Change

I am only a renter, but the place we live has become our home these past 5 years. I was thinking about all the changes the place has made these last years and you could hardly recognize it from where we started. We had been blessed with new paint, new carpet (thanks to our landlord) and we have also changed bedding, bought new furniture (bunk beds, new couch, patio set) and bought new appliances (washer, dryer and fridge). We have all decided that we don't ever want to move from here. We are all happy with what we have and don't want to leave!!

Where am I going with this? Well, I am always looking at ways I can make things better (using what we already have). The back yard has definitely changed since we moved here. The back used to have lots of toys and has even housed some Little Tikes play structures. Now it is a place that we can all enjoy, but definitely leans towards the grownups.
I took some used bricks that were laying around in the planter and made a platform in the dirt for the barbecue to live. It has moved all over the yard- this is it's 4th and final place.
Ta-da!! Here it is. It looks like it has always been here. Now we don't have to roll it away from the fence each time we cook. My mom and I are going to plant around the base of it so it won't be just soil. There is an empty place where the BBQ used to be and I have some ideas for it--we shall see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment